In the consumer packaged goods industry, one of the best ways to stand out is to use a recognizable name or image to help sell your product. And the world of CBD, where so many products have similar formulations and make similar promises, is no different, as multiple celebrities have been working with processors and manufacturers to launch their own brands of CBD-infused product lines.
While this is by no means a complete list, here are some of the well-known celebrities currently hawking CBD brands:
– Montel Williams: The former talk show host and cannabis proponent has lent his name to the Montel by Select CBD capsules brand.
– John Legend: The R&B singer and People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive 2019 in September became the celebrity face of the Plus Hemp CBD-infused gummies.
– Kourtney Kardashian: The reality TV star and social media influencer in late 2019 launched a wellness website called Poosh and teamed with Hora Skin Care to release a skin serum that contains both CBD and hyaluronic acid.
– Martha Stewart: The lifestyle brand maven and friend of Snoop Dogg announced plans in March 2019 to join Canopy Growth’s Sequential Brands Group on an advisory basis as they work create a CBD brand aimed at pets. At last report, the product was being tested for market.
– Sigur Ros: The experimental Icelandic rock band partnered with Lord Jones to create a line of CBD gumdrops inspired by the flavors of foraged Icelandic berries: wild blackberries, strawberries and blueberries.
– John Schneider: The actor and singer best known for his time playing Bo Duke on the TV show “The Dukes of Hazzard” got into the CBD game this year with his “CBoD” tincture, also known as “Yeehaw Sauce,” an “apple pie moonshine” product that comes in a General Lee-orange box and with a recipe for CBD-infused apple pie.
There are also a number of high-profile athletes that have helped launch CBD brands.
– Mike Tyson: The former heavyweight champion of the world bought the CopperGel company, which makes pain relief products for athletes, including the Coppergel CBD pain-reliving spray and Hemp Cream topical.
– Ricky Williams: The former Heisman Trophy winning running back who had his career cut because of marijuana testing in the NFL cofounded Real Wellness with his wife and offers a range of CBD-infused tinctures, topicals and teas.
– Rob Gronkowski: A three-time Super Bowl champ, Gronk is the face of CBDMedic, which offers a line of CBD-infused topicals including creams, sprays, oils and tinctures aimed at pain relief and recovery.
— Brian Beckley