June 21-22, 2017
Contact us for details:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Interchange?
- Unlike a traditional trade show, Interchange is an industry-only event designed to facilitate business. For two days, vendors will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face with retailers in a comfortable, private setting.
Why do we need it?
- The marijuana industry is extremely inefficient. Laws prohibiting the mailing or shipping of marijuana, and the spread-out nature of retail locations means that potential vendors spend a lot of time and energy driving from store to store to make sales calls. Interchange is about efficiency. In two days, a vendor can meet and “pitch” up to 20 individual retailers.
Can we bring samples?
- Yes, but you need to comply with LCB rules. We suggest you buy your own product from an existing store and bring it along. As an alternative, you can bring packaging or photos of future products. Remember, the main reason for the show is to meet and mix with a large number of buyers, and to create relationships.
How is the show structured?
- Interchange is modeled after a highly successful trade show that ran for many years in the media business. Buyers are brought to a central location, and vendors then have a series of meetings with them. (Think “speed dating” for salespeople.) The day starts with complimentary breakfast at 8am. Meetings start at 9am sharp and last 20 minutes each. Then there is a ten minute break. The next meeting starts at 9:30 and goes until 9:50, and so on throughout the day. A complimentary lunch is served at noon and lasts an hour. More meetings start at 1pm and go until 5.
How do I ensure a meeting with a specific buyer?
- Each vendor will be given a meeting schedule. If you have a specific buyer or retailer you want to meet with, put it on your “wish list,” and we will try to ensure that you get the meetings you want. Vendors who register first will have first choice on timing and meetings.
How much does it cost?
- The event is free for buyers. Vendors will pay $3000 for the two-day event. It will be limited to 40-50 buyers and 50 vendors.
I’m a vendor. How many meetings will I get in the two days?
- We guarantee at least 20 one-on-one meetings for each vendor.
It sounds great, but also fairly intense. Are you sure people can handle 20 meetings in two days?
- This type of event is not uncommon in the business world. As with any other business, success is all about preparation, timing and organization. Without going into too much detail, in the real world of retail, a sales meeting/presentation (like with a Costco buyer) involves being there on time, introductions, presenting business cards, having a written agenda that is followed, showing samples, asking questions and taking good notes. (And then a follow-up email a few days later to summarize and confirm the details of the meeting.) The legal, recreational marijuana business is going to be dominated by those who produce great product, and who know how to develop lasting relationships.
Where is the Renton Pavilion?
- The Renton Pavilion is a convenient and modern 10,000-sq ft meeting space located in downtown Renton. Parking is next door and inexpensive ($3). There are several local inexpensive business hotels that are within 5 minutes of the Pavilion (listed below).
How do we register?
- The doors will open at 7:30 am each day. You will have a badge waiting for you. (Let us know the two employees who will be attending.) It’s a relatively small show, and closed to the public, so coming and going should be easy.
Are there sponsorship packages for non-vendors?
- We allow a limited number of non-vendors to sponsor a breakfast or lunch. Let us know if you’re interested in a sponsorship package.
Can I do a display table or other type of presentation?
- There will be six 2×6 foot display tables. Cost is $1500 for a display table.
Hotels (All within 5 minutes drive):
Hilton Garden Inn Renton ($169) – 425-430-1414
Springhill Suites Renton ($119) – 425-226-4100
Towne Place Renton ($209) – 425-917-2000
Larkspur Landing Renton ($135) – 425-235-1212
Red Lion ($85) 425-226-7700