Indoor cultivation provides many benefits compared to outdoor cultivation, including control, reproducibility, and risk mitigation. With the goal of artificially creating the ideal environment for plants at all growth stages, the precise lighting, temperature, humidity, and air movement within each indoor growing space are critical in producing a successful product.
As a leader in the custom metal buildings industry, Metallic Building Systems has been providing quality metal buildings designed and built to handle all indoor growth facility needs for the past 75 years.
The cannabis industry, for example, requires growers to maintain precise control of all environmental factors. Temperature and humidity must be just right – no matter what mother nature is doing outside. Cultivators need quick construction to get products into the marketplace ASAP and economical construction to realize maximal return.
Able to withstand the wear and tear of daily agricultural operations, Metallic’s prefabricated agricultural buildings offer lengthier lifespans and less maintenance than buildings constructed from other materials. Additional benefits include:
- Cost Savings – Steel buildings offer short- and long-term economic advantages, from their low-maintenance to longevity and extended lifecycle of the products.
- Speed of Construction – Pre-engineered building components are designed to fit the specifications of any project and are ready for installation when they arrive onsite.
- Design Flexibility and Adaptability – Customizable interiors and exteriors provide the flexibility for facility expansion as operations grow.
- Reliability and Durability – Steel offers protection for valuable assets, from the crops themselves, to cattle and heavy machinery.
- Environmentally Sustainable Option – Compared to traditional building materials, Metallic’s steel buildings are 100 percent recyclable at the end of their life and contain up to 25 percent recycled steel. Energy efficiencies with insulation provide stable air environments required for animals, crops, equipment, and machinery.
- Clean-Span Capabilities – Metal building systems offer up to 300 feet of column-free space. Metallic’s patented Long Bay® System, for instance, provides up to 70 feet of clear span area between bays, allowing for ample space for the rotation of crops.
- Exterior Options – With a wide variety of metal roof and wall panel styles, profiles and colors to promote functionality and aesthetic appeal, Metallic buildings can be designed to accommodate several openings and clearances, including second-floor mezzanines, mansard systems, and walkthrough and roll-up doors.
- Interior Options – Steel structures can be modified with different interior liner panels and partitions styles, creating individual grow rooms, stalls, storage spaces and equipment rooms.
Metallic’s steel buildings also adhere to industry safety and sanitation standards, meeting or exceeding current local building codes and loads for the life of the structure.
When seeking the best methods for every aspect of growing, harvesting, processing and distribution, Metallic Building Systems can provide enhanced longevity, expedited construction, all-in-one building envelopes, code and load criteria, and customizable finishes all in an economical way.
To learn more about how Metallic can provide expertise on ideal growing environments, contact a representative near you.