Whether you’re growing in a greenhouse, a warehouse, or a container, climate management is key to your success. This workshop is designed for you, the grower, to give you a better understanding of the systems that control the climate.
So, if you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, pull out your calculator, and learn more than you ever dreamed about HVAC systems and how they impact your crop, this hands-on workshop is for you!
When: Friday, February 1st, 2019, 9am-5pm
Where: Office of Dr. Greenhouse, Inc. in Sacramento, CA
Cost: $600 or register with a friend and receive a discount! Registration includes will lunch and an optional happy hour. We have limited the number of seats in order to keep the workshop interactive. The registration deadline is: Monday, January 21st.
Who Should Go:
Current and prospective growers who are eager to learn new ideas and strategies about climate control that can be applied immediately.
Topics to be covered:
1. Introduction to HVAC system types for both greenhouse and indoor
2. How to calculate basic heating, cooling, and humidity loads
3. Strategies for creating air movement and why it’s important
4. Review of design criteria and constraints that are unique to each grow operation
5. Introduction to the Psychrometric chart and moist air properties
6. Measurement of plant evapotranspiration rates
7. Basics of data interpretation and analysis
8. How to differentiate between the “good” and the “too-good-to-be-true”
9. Overview of basic terms and concepts in horticulture and engineering
10. Energy impacts of indoor cultivation
Register at: http://www.doctorgreenhouse.com/workshops.html